Culinary Instructor - LBJ Job Corps Center
- - Workforce Continuing Education
- Franklin, NC, USA
- $35,268 - $41,952 Annually
- Full Time
- State Health Plan
***Open until Filled***
Statement of Primary Purpose
Provide culinary training for students at LBJ Job Corps Center.
Occupational Faculty, full-time, exempt.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Instruct, advise, guide, and assist students to achieve job skills and social skills necessary to become employed in the Culinary field.
• Maintain up-to-date instructional classroom and lab with equipment, tools, books and materials required for individualized student instruction.
• Recruit and provide orientation for new students in the program
• Teach students, in groups and in individualized programs, in the SCC/LBJ Culinary classes
• Advise and guide students in professional and social skills
• Maintain all records for the College and for LBJ
• Comply with reporting requirement
• Select and recommend instructional materials, tools, and equipment
• Serve on College and LBJ committees
• Attend meetings and student programs as needed
• Present professional role model for students
• Work with US Forest Service and Department of Labor to revise and up-date instructional programs as needed
• Recommend new programs and skills needed for student success
• Be responsible for professional development and maintaining professional competence
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, and others
• Coordinate and supervise students in catering events for the community as hands-on training. These events my require additional time outside of the normal work schedule
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Attend various training activities (ServSafe, CPR, Student Handbook Training, Gang Awareness Training, Center Safety Procedures, etc.) as required by the Job Corps Center.
Associate's Degree in Culinary Arts is required, Bachelor's preferred, 2 years experience in food service operations. Teaching experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
• Preparation, cooking and serving of food
• Proper practices utilized in receiving and storing of food
• Kitchen sanitation methods, safety methods and equipment handling and cleaning
• Ability to supervise the work of students
• Professional work ethic and presentation skills
• Organized management of kitchen and instruction operation.
Must be able to:
• Stand for long continuous time period
• Stoop, squat, kneel and/or bend
• Twist, turn, and /or stretch from side to side in a manner that allows the shoulders to be perpendicular to the hops (as in mopping, stocking shelves, removing food from ovens, etc.)
• Lift, carry and/or support heavy objects (as in placing food in ovens, freezers, stockroom shelves, etc.)
National Restaurant Association Food Safety & Sanitation Preferred. Ability to be certified and re-certified in CPR as required by the Job Corps Center. Must have valid NC Driver's License.
Working Conditions and Environment
Work in kitchen environment. Work in kitchen area with supplies and materials needed for safe food preparation. The LBJ Job Corps Center does not close due to inclement weather; therefore, this position does not follow the College closing schedule. The work day is 8:00am-4:30pm with ½ hour lunch break. LBJ Job Corps Center observes federal holidays.
All tools related to food preparation (ovens, slicers, blenders, gas/electric stoves, etc.) Ability to drive 15 passenger van.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media