Medical Laboratory Technology Instructor
- - Health Sciences
- Sylva, NC, USA
- $27.54 - $29.18
- Part Time
Statement of Primary Purpose
Provide online and instruction, perform on-campus labs and assist with local and distance clinical coordination duties.
Curriculum faculty, part time 18 hours per week
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Prepare and teach assigned courses in accordance with course outlines and published course schedule.
2. Maintain accurate records for each course taught.
3. Prepare, review, and update course outlines on a regular basis.
4. Assist in student recruitment, advising, and retention.
5. Participate in curriculum advisory committee meetings, if applicable.
6. Assist in selection and ordering of equipment, supplies, and textbooks.
7. Cooperate in scheduled student evaluations of instructor and course.
8. Submit all college reports in an accurate timely fashion.
9. Be responsible for professional development and maintaining professional competence.
10. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and others.
11. Maintain teaching course load in compliance with college and accreditation workload policy
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum: Medical Laboratory Technician with an Associate's Degree
Knowledge and Skills
One year experience in clinical laboratory science education preferred but not required.
Nationally recognized generalist certification, MLT(ASCP) or equivalent.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media