Physical Therapist Assistant Program Coordinator
- - Health Sciences
- Sylva, NC, USA
- $55,000.00 - $60,000.00
- Full Time
- State Health Plan
***Open until Filled***
Statement of Primary Purpose
Provide instructional services and administrative services related to Physical Therapy Assistant program to faculty, staff and students.
Curriculum faculty, full-time, exempt.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Oversee the day to day operation of the Physical Therapist Assistant program.
2. Evaluate all program faculty on a semester basis
3. Examine and evaluate the PTA curriculum so as to ensure that it is compatible with CAPTE standards.
4. Make sure programs and courses are up-to-date, abreast of technology, and in compliance with state and national accreditation standards.
5. Perform teaching observations on all faculty annually.
6. Handle all student discipline and academic issues in accordance with established college and division policies.
7. Act as primary advisor for PTA and Pre-PTA students.
8. Initiate curriculum updates and revisions as required.
9. Assist in course offerings and schedules.
10. Assist in budget formation/control/expenditures for:
a. Travel (local &/or overnight)
d. Learning Resource Center (LRC) holdings
11. Inventory equipment and supplies.
12. Maintain advisory committee to include:
a. Recommend membership
b. Hold annual meetings
c. Maintain records
13. Assist in recruiting and training qualified instructors.
14. Complete or assist with program reports, including but not limited to, annual program review, outcomes assessment, and advanced planning document.
15. Establish/maintain accreditation standards to include (if appropriate):
b. Site visits
c. Annual reports
16. Primary responsibility for all facets of the student/class selection process.
17. Keep dean abreast of developments within the department including monthly status reports.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
19. Be available to teach a 5 week summer course in addition to the regular curriculum.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Perform other duties as assigned. Attend college professional development meetings and other college events as required.
Required – PTA with Master's Degree in a related field
Preferred - DPT
Knowledge and Skills
Minimum of 5 years clinical experience
2 years teaching experience preferred
Typical activities performed as a physical therapist, evaluating patients and teaching students in treatment
North Carolina licensed PT or PTA
Working Conditions and Environment
Typical Campus environment, classroom/clinic site
Computer, copier, typical equipment/tools for physical therapy clinic and patient exercise/evaluation
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media