Public Relations Assistant
- President - Public Relations
- Sylva, NC, USA
- $25,908.00 - $31,632.00
- Full Time
- State Health Plan
***Open until Filled***
Statement of Primary Purpose
The purpose of the Public Relations Office is to oversee marketing campaigns and communications to promote a positive college image. The Public Relations Assistant provides administrative and technical support to the SCC Foundation and College-wide programs. The Assistant supports the implementation of marketing campaigns and the execution of communications strategies using all media sources.
Technical support; full-time; non-exempt staff
• Support the administrative needs of the department including, but not limited to general office functions and customer service for internal and external clients.
• Support public relations communications through:
o Writing & posting media releases for traditional media, SCC website and Social Media
o Obtaining, archiving, & measuring Press releases
o Submitting Calendar items to media and websites
• Fully harness the power and potential of social media platforms through effective communication of SCC activities and events.
• Oversee website requests for updates and enhancements while providing continuity of message and integrity of content.
o Manage Silent Auction website for the SCC Foundation Gala
• Process appropriate requisitions and works within budget.
• Photograph SCC people, programs, places, and events.
• Assist with Aerial Photography.
• Assist with the development of promotional videos.
• Support the SCC Foundation with fundraising efforts and lead arrangements for major events including:
o Cork & Fork
o Bear Lake
o Ducks on the Tuck
o Scholarship luncheon
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists with design projects as needed
• Additional duties as necessary including calling media outlets, vendors, etc.
• Support the SCC Foundation as new and emerging opportunities become available
A.A. in related field required.
Knowledge and Skills
One - two years demonstrated experience with:
• Social Media posting for PR/Marketing purposes
• Printing, binding & finishing (optional)
• Graphic Design (optional)
• Prefer experience in the public sector, higher education or not for profit sector
Campus environment; requires lifting and moving supplies up to 25 pounds.
Working Conditions and Environment
Some long days, evenings and occasional weekends setting up and/or covering events in all weather conditions. Travel to locations for events. Reports to Director of Public Relations, who will coordinate Foundation responsibilities with Foundation Director.
Digital Cameras, computer, copier.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media