English Instructor - Adjunct
- - Macon Campus
- Franklin, NC, USA
- Part Time
Anticipated Start: January 2020
Instruction in assigned morning/afternoon English classes at the Macon Campus.
1. Prepare and teach assigned courses in accordance with course outlines and published course schedule.
2. Teach face-to-face English classes on the Macon Campus.
3. Collaborate with Arts and Sciences colleagues and administrators in program planning, assessment, and continuous improvement process.
4. Maintain accurate records for each course taught.
5. Prepare, review, and update course outlines on a regular basis.
6. Recommend and assist with curriculum revisions as necessary.
7. Assist in selection and ordering of equipment, supplies, and textbooks.
8. Participate in college events and activities.
9. Cooperate in scheduled student evaluations of instructor and college.
10. Submit all college reports in an accurate and timely fashion.
11. Attend instructor and departmental meetings as scheduled.
12. Be responsible for professional development and maintaining professional competence.
Required: Master's Degree in English, or Master's Degree in a related discipline, with a minimum of 18 graduate-level hours in English. At least two years of teaching experience required.
Preferred: Two years of college teaching experience in this field of expertise.
Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to use computers and software to support instruction, including course management software, word processing, email, Internet, and student information database.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media