Respiratory Therapy Clinical Coordinator
- - Health Sciences
- Sylva, NC, USA
- $44,860.00 - $47,950.00
- Full Time
- State Health Plan
Statement of Primary Purpose
The Respiratory Therapy Clinical Coordinator must be responsible for all aspects of the clinical experiences of students enrolled in the program including organization, administration, continuous review and revision, planning for and development of location (with appropriate supervision) for evolving practice skills, and the general effectiveness of the clinical experience.
There must be evidence that sufficient time is devoted to the program by the Clinical Coordinator so that his or her educational and administrative responsibilities can be met.
Curriculum faculty, full-time, exempt.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Prepare and teach assigned courses in accordance with course outlines and published course schedule.
2. Maintain accurate records for each course taught.
3. Prepare, review, and update course outlines on a regular basis.
4. Recommend and assist with curriculum revisions as necessary.
5. Assist in student recruitment, advising, and retention.
6. Participate in curriculum advisory committee meetings, if applicable.
7. Assist in selection and ordering of equipment, supplies, and textbooks.
8. Participate in college events and activities.
9. Attend college commencements.
10. Cooperate in scheduled student evaluations of instructor and course.
11. Submit all college reports in an accurate timely fashion.
12. Be responsible for professional development and maintaining professional competence.
13. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and others.
14. Maintain teaching course load in compliance with college and accreditation workload policy
15. Serve on college and division committees
16. Create and monitor the clinical or CO-OP schedules.
17. Be available to teach and advise during 8 week summer course
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Perform other duties as assigned. As clinical coordinator, serve as liaison between Southwestern Community College and the clinical education sites and be responsible for the establishment of clinical sites and clinical faculty standards under the direction of the program director. Plan, coordinate, facilitate, administer and monitor activities on behalf of the academic program and in coordination with academic and clinical facility.
Baccalaureate degree from an academic institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education is required.
Knowledge and Skills
Minimum of four years of experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist and two years of clinical respiratory care. Two years teaching experience at the community college level preferred.
Walking, lifting, utilizing medical equipment.
The Clinical Coordinator must:
A. Hold a valid RRT credential and current state of NC license;
B. Have a minimum of four (4) years experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist with at least two (2) years' in clinical respiratory care;
C. Have a minimum of two (2) years' experience teaching in an accredited respiratory care program either as an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor.
D. Have a valid driver's license.
Working Conditions and Environment
Typical campus environment. Must have the ability to lead instructor-led courses on campus and travel to clinic sites.
PC and appropriate educational software.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media