Adjunct - Early Childhood Education Associate Degree Program
- - Career Technologies
- Sylva, NC, USA
- Part Time
Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education or a Master's Degree with 18 graduate semester hours in Early Childhood Education, from a regionally accredited college or university with appropriate coursework that demonstrates competencies in specific course content.
Essential duties and responsibilities of an adjunct instructor include commitments to students, the teaching discipline, to the College, and to the community.
Adjunct faculty responsibilities are centered on preparing and teaching classes as assigned:
• Provides professional instruction based on approved course syllabus. Ensures that desired course outcomes meet the stated objectives;
• Prepares curriculum and syllabus for coursework taught, uses student learning outcomes to create a process of continual instructional improvement;
• Evaluates students' progress in attaining goals and objectives, instruct students in activities designed to promote intellectual growth;
• Administers and grades class examinations and assessments;
• Maintains records of student grades;
• Attends in-service training, workshops and seminars, as needed; Cooperate in scheduled student evaluations of instructor and college.
• Meets ALL required deadlines, including administrative tasks and attendance reports;
• Communicates with and arranges meetings with staff members and supervisors as needed.
• Maintains appropriate and timely communications with students.
• Represents the institution in a positive manner
Working Conditions and Environment
Typical teaching schedule will include online courses. Evening or off-campus courses may be assigned depending on the needs of the department to meet enrollment demands.
Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to use computers and software to support instruction, including course management software, word processing, email, Internet, and student information database.
NOTE: Adjunct faculty positions are temporary, part-time positions of employment that are appointed on a per-academic-term basis.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media