Administrative Assistant - Enrollment Services
- Instruction and Student Services - Enrollment Services
- Sylva, NC, USA
- $24,408.00 - $28,584.00
- Full Time
- State Health Plan
***OPEN UNTIL FILLED***
Statement of Primary Purpose
The Administrative Assistant for Enrollment Services is the first point of contact for providing immediate service to students and is primarily responsible for answering and responding to telephone calls and emails to admissions, assisting walk-ins with all enrollment-related questions, communicating with applicants and prospects, facilitating student scheduling of placement testing and coordinating the day-to-day operation of the front counter in Student/Enrollment Services. This includes the upload and data entry of admissions applications; assisting Admissions in communicating with prospective students making inquiries; coordinating the mailing of admissions packets in response to inquiries; making email contact with applicants and prospects and assisting other offices with answering calls during high volume periods.
Full-time, non-exempt, Office Support
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for performing the following duties and functions:
- Receive and assist (triage) all walk-ins into Student/Enrollment Services with answers to their questions concerning enrollment, and/or directing them to the proper office for specific assistance.
- Receive and respond to all calls and emails to Admissions with answers to questions and inquiries concerning enrollment.
- Schedule students to take the CPT.
- Coordinate the uploading and processing of online admissions applications on a daily basis into Colleague, processing error reports from each upload, and accurately entering advisor assignments.
- Process hand written applications including those for college access and BSP+ students as received;
- Assist with calls to applicants welcoming them and answering all questions about the next steps in enrollment.
- Assist with mailings to admitted students concerning their enrollment status.
- Process and maintain the advisor assignments for all students including closing assignments and reassignments.
- Follow-up with all applicants to receive the signature page of the completed online application.
- Receive and forward to the appropriate offices completed forms including "Change of Name and Address", "Change of Major", transcript requests and other documents.
- Assist with and train admissions assigned work-study students.
- Provide telephone coverage for other student service offices when needed.
- Other duties assigned by the Dean of Students or Director of Enrollment Management.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Order miscellaneous supplies for Student/Enrollment Services.
- Cross-train with the Admissions, Registrar's Office and Financial Aid.
Education Associate's Degree required. Bachelor's Degree preferred in related field. Minimum of 2 years experience in related position
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone presence with the ability to work well with the public in high pressure situations.
- Ability to multitask and to perform detailed tasks accurately with constant interruptions.
- Strong computer skills with a focus on office applications
- Proficiency in word processing and use of spreadsheets
- General knowledge of office practices and good attention to detail.
Occasional lifting of office supplies and paper products and a high degree of mobility essential for getting around campus
Working Conditions and Environment (i.e., necessary travel, unusual work hours, unusual environmental conditions, etc.)
Travel may be required to do software training; evening work required during registration periods
PC; calculator; telephone, copier, document scanner, microfilm reader
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media