Administrative Assistant - Health Sciences
- - Health Sciences
- Sylva, NC, USA
- $24,168.00 - $28,584.00
- Full Time
- State Health Plan
***Open Until Filled***
Statement of Primary Purpose
To provide administrative and clerical support to the Health Sciences Department.
Full-time, non-exempt, Office Support, Staff
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Provide administrative and clerical support for the Dean of Health Sciences.
• Maintain Health Sciences semester class schedule by entering classes and updating in college computer system.
• Coordinate curriculum/continuing education class schedules
• Calculate pay for part-time instructors, create contracts, submit to business office, and provide monthly report for payroll.
• Maintain room schedules, simulation lab schedules, course syllabus files, and instructor schedules for division office.
• Purchase equipment and supplies by working in the E-Procurement system, following NC State Division of Purchase and Contract guidelines, and assisting with acquiring quotes and bids.
• Maintain spreadsheets for organizational and reporting purposes.
• Assist dean and faculty with processing forms such as leave, travel, field trips, and requisitions.
• Provide friendly, accurate information to students, faculty, and visitors to the division office.
• Answer division office phone, respond to routine requests, and route messages appropriately.
• Enter student registrations to assist dean and advisors.
• Create memos, letters and documents to assist with division correspondence.
• Maintain computer files and office files.
• Assist with planning and implementation of special events and meetings.
• Conducts all work with integrity and confidentiality.
• Maintain an open, friendly, helpful office environment while performing high quality work.
• Assist with administrative duties involving the community clinic as needed
• Supervise division work study student
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform other duties as necessary.
Minimum of an Associate Degree of Applied Science in Administrative Office Technology or related field.
Knowledge and Skills
• At least two years' experience in an office administration setting. Prefer three-five years' experience.
• Excellent computer software application skills and communication skills. Excellent follow through, attention to detail, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
• Must be able to handle frequent inquiries from faculty and students while maintaining a calm, professional attitude.
• Specific software applications currently used include: Microsoft Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Google email and drive. Prefer experience with Datatel/Colleague.
Computer use for long periods, standing, walking, lifting up to 15lbs. Must be able to multi-task. Light lifting of office supplies. Bending, stretching, and walking for filing and special events.
Working Conditions and Environment
Typical campus office environment. Occasional evenings during registration, meetings, and special events.
Software programs and routine office/computer equipment.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media