Welding Instructor - Part Time
- - Career Technologies
- Bryson City, NC, USA
- $27.70 - $29.72
- Part Time
*** Open until Filled***
Statement of Primary Purpose
Responsible for ensuring instructional excellence for all assigned courses in accordance with College policies and the mission of the North Carolina Community College System.
Curriculum faculty, part-time, exempt.
Direction received: Receives direct supervision from the Welding Program Coordinator.
Works in close concert with Swain High School's Director of Career and Technical Education.
Direction given: none applicable
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Teaching Performance
• Teach assigned course load consistent with College workload policy.
• Plan and organize instruction in ways that maximize documented student learning.
• Ensure that course content is up-to-date, relevant, accurate, and consistent with state and national accreditation standards
• Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students.
• Stay current in the subject matter through professional development, professional organizations, and professional meetings, conferences, or workshops.
• Learn and use technology to enhance teaching and the educational experience.
• Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student needs. Facilitate the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments.
• Contribute to the selection and development of instructional materials in accordance with course objectives.
• Develop, update, and share course syllabi in a timely manner.
• Evaluation of Student Learning
• Establish meaningful student learning outcomes for courses.
• Develop and implement methods that measure student progress toward student learning outcomes.
• Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently, and return student work.
• Maintain accurate records of student progress; submit grade records according to deadlines.
• Demonstrate sensitivity to student needs and circumstances.
• Support of College Policies and Procedures
• Teach classes as assigned in a multi-campus, multi-modality environment.
• Post and maintain necessary office hours to ensure accessibility to colleagues and students.
• Maintain confidentiality of student information.
• Exercise stewardship of College facilities and materials.
• Record and provide attendance data in accordance with College policies and procedures.
• Participation in College, Division, and Program Activities
• Respond in a timely fashion to information requests from College, division, and program administrators.
• Support and collaborate with both part-time and full-time colleagues.
• Demonstrate productive interpersonal skills in communication with students, colleagues, staff, and administrators.
• Contribution to Growth and Enhancement of College Mission and Programs
• Maintain familiarity with College goals, mission, and long-range plans.
• Contribute to planning and development processes through appropriate mechanisms and channels.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure building security – unlock the lab before the first class, secure and lock the lab and outside storage after class dismissal.
• Maintain general tools and shop equipment.
• Assist with inventory and ordering of tools. equipment/supplies.
• Assist with end of year inventory and orders for upcoming year.
Certificate, Diploma or Associate Degree in Welding (or closely related field but offset by equivalent experience).
Bachelors Degree and AWS certification preferred
Knowledge & Skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of welding technology including but not limited to: consumable and non-consumable electrode welding and cutting processes; blueprint reading; project design and fabrication; metallurgy; shop layout and maintenance; and welding inspection.
• Ability to operate typical welding equipment and tools for Stick, MIG, and TIG plate welding.
Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Working Conditions and Environment
• Requires work in daytime in a welding shop instructional setting.
• May require outdoor work in cooler weather conditions.
• Position is based at Swain County High School and main campus. Will work on county's school day hours and calendar.
• May require some local travel to job/project sites.
• Work requires standing continuously during class instruction.
Typical welding equipment and tools for Stick, MIG, and TIG welding.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media