College Information Center Coordinator
- - Administrative Services
- Sylva, NC, USA
- $24,408.00 - $27,000
- Full Time
- State Health Plan
Statement of Primary Purpose
To serve as main contact and information source for SCC callers, visitors, and students.
Service Support, full-time, non-exempt
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Greet guests and visitors and provide information in professional manner.
• Respond to requests for information including directions to classes, meetings, and offices; distribute tabloids, catalogs, and applications for admission, and job announcements.
• Answer incoming telephone calls and operate switchboard directing calls to appropriate department.
• Monitor website chat program and assist customers with questions
- Coordinate event scheduling for internal and external events held on campus.
- Manage facility use reservations.
- Maintain college events calendar and ensure information is readily available to inquirers.
- Process incoming requests and secures signatures.
- Calculate Facility Use rate. Provide parking information, create and mail invoices for third party users
- Coordinate set-up with Audio/Visual staff, to include additional events equipment
- Coordinate with Facilities for setup/breakdown/clean-up workorders, etc.
- Coordinate reservation calendar for college vehicle use. Serve as a point of departure and return for vehicle keys and fuel credit cards. Ensure accurate mileage use, maintenance logs, and invoicing.
- Process monthly credit card statements with appropriate budget codes and mileage totals.
- Maintain college vehicle maintenance log. Schedule appropriate repairs, maintenance, and annual safety inspections for all fleet vehicles.
- Obtain Employee Driver's License information and submit to SCC's Insurance Company
- Review drivers annually and send list of departed employees to Insurance Company
- Issue PIN Numbers to drivers for use with fuel card. Tabulate mileage use and budgetary needs.
- Process monthly credit card statements with appropriate budget codes and mileage totals for all departments (including PSTC)
- Coordinate appointments with automotive instructors or appropriate 3rd party business for repairs
- Approve invoices and route to Business Office for payment
- Reserve rental vehicles for staff per travel policy. Log rentals for Accounts Payable at time of reservation
- Send calendar reminders for fuel card pick-up
- Calculate budget estimates for departments during annual budget preparations
- Analyze and verify Enterprise rental statements, dispute overbilling, approve invoices, log and submit to Business Office for payment
o Electronic Keys
- Obtain approval for electronic key cards via OnBase
- Data Entry in DNA Fusion Program for all electronic swipe cards.
- Issue electronic key cards for all faculty and staff (including PSTC, JCEC and Swain)
- Secure signature at issuance and file hardcopy.
- Deactivate upon separation of service
- Track issue and deactivation actions in spreadsheet
o Traditional Keys
- Obtain approval for traditional keys via OnBase
- Issue keys to all faculty and staff (including PSTC, JCEC, Swain, and Bookstore)
- Secure signatures at issuance and file hardcopy
- Contact departing employees to remind to turn in keys
- Collaborate with HR Department to retrieve keys upon separation of service.
- Track issue and retrieval actions in spreadsheet
- Serve as a point of contact to dispatch campus Resource Officer and Maintenance Staff as requested by staff and students
- Schedule work orders for necessary cleaning and emergency maintenance on campus
- Schedule work orders for event set up in all non-conference center buildings (e.g. Balsam, Bradford, Café 64)
- Responsible for facilities dispatch.
- Serve as point of contact for critical incidents (dispatch), Fire Drills, and elevator inspections.
- Emergency Communications
- Email appropriate personnel during every 911 call and fire drill to provide status updates/reports. Point of contact for all critical incidents
- Monitor emergency and alert systems (Mobile Blue Light, App Armor) and communicate with relevant points of contact for assistance or resolution
• Issue parking stickers to students, faculty and staff, log into appropriate database. Identify driver information for Resource Officer or other person of authority upon request/need
• Assist with Commencements. Distribute programs, answer phones, provide directions, seat guests
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor fax machine, distribute received faxes to appropriate personnel, and transmit faxes for staff and faculty as requested.
• Schedule document shredding for the business office as needed. Verify statements from Document Destruction, receive bill, perform data entry for invoices, route to Business office for payment
• Coordinate appointments for ultrasounds (Sonography program). Call/text reminders to patients
• Assist college staff and faculty with special projects as appropriate.
• Serve on College committees as appointed
Knowledge and Skills
Excellent oral communication skills required. Must be able to accurately and efficiently convey information and directions. Pleasant speaking voice, using proper diction and grammar. Operation of typical office equipment with reasonable accommodation required. Computer and software proficiency required. One or more years of related office work experience.
Prolonged sitting. Limited ability to leave work station.
Working Conditions and Environment
Seated workstation at front lobby. Must be able to work independently for long periods of time.
PC switchboard with multi-line software, office applications, FAX machine, dispatch radio.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media