Facilities Maintenance/Cleaning Technician
- - Public Safety Training Center
- Franklin, NC, USA
- $24,168.00 - $27,192.00
- Full Time
- State Health Plan
Statement of Primary Purpose
The Facilities Maintenance/Cleaning Technician (FMCT) shall be responsible for maintaining the professional representation, cleanliness and maintenance of college facilities, interior and exterior, located at the Jerry Sutton Public Safety Training Center (PSTC) as well as our satellite training venues. The duties listed below are essential to ensure consistent and scheduled PSTC operations, while meeting professional standards of cleanliness, all the while presenting an attractive and welcoming training facility for our students, our faculty and staff, as well as the greater community we serve.
Full-time, non-exempt, Cleaning/Grounds Technicians
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
● Demonstrate a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards recognizing/identifying and completing assignments both efficiently and timely.
● Possess high standards of ethical conduct, exhibit honesty and integrity.
● Perform manual labor tasks required for routine maintenance of facilities and grounds.
● Perform custodial task to maintain the cleanliness and appearance of facilities.
● Performs duties to support operation and instructional activities of the College.
● Sweep, scrub, mop, wax, and polish floors using appropriate equipment.
● Dust/clean furniture and equipment
● Clean/sanitize restrooms/showers including all fixtures, tile surfaces, partitions, floors and door knobs.
● Polish metalwork such as fixtures and fittings
● Wash walls, woodwork, windows and sills
● Empty wastebaskets and transport trash to disposal area.
● Replenish restroom supplies.
● Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, draperies using appropriate equipment
● Maintain inventory of supplies needed for operation of facilities.
● Preform room setup and breakdowns as requested.
● Operate power equipment including flooring buffer/cleaner, lawn mower, leaf blower, weed-eater, trimmers, etc.
● Remove snow and ice from sidewalks.
● Perform minor repairs to furniture and facilities as needed (example: Change light bulbs).
● Perform safety checks by observing and checking locked doors and gates, temperature readings for heating and air conditioning, and on/off switches for machines.
● Work with minimal supervision. Demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to detail
● Work and communicate with internal and external clients and customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous and cooperative manner.
● Submit work orders to Macon County Maintenance.
● Work with Macon County Maintenance Supervisor and personnel on maintenance/grounds projects
● Supervise part-time personnel to assist in accomplished the functions and responsibilities listed
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Perform other duties as assigned.
High school or equivalent
Knowledge and Skills
General cleaning knowledge; ability to understand written directions and follow instructions on Material Safety Data Sheets for chemicals used.
Must be good physical condition. Must have the ability to complete the physical demands of the position in a timely and safe manner. Must be able to push/pull vacuum cleaner and mop, able to bend over to lift trash and move furniture. Lifting requirements, generally 50 lbs. or less. Extended time operating equipment to include but not limited to flooring buffer, mowers, weed-eater, and leaf blower.
Must be licensed driver in NC with safe driving history.
Working Conditions and Environment
Second and/or split shift; indoor environment; standing/walking for majority of assigned shift.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.