Cleaning Technician - Evening - Part Time
- - Maintenance
- Sylva, NC, USA
- Part Time
Statement of Primary Purpose
Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of college facilities.
Non Exempt, part-time (25 hours/week)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Maintain premises of classroom, laboratory, and administrative buildings in clean and orderly condition.
- Clean classrooms, offices, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, corridors, and other interior areas.
- Sweep, scrub, mop, wax, and polish floors using appropriate equipment.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies using appropriate equipment
- Dust furniture and equipment.
- Sanitize restrooms including all fixtures, tile surfaces, partitions, and doorknobs.
- Polish metalwork such as fixtures and fittings.
- Wash walls, woodwork, windows, and sills.
- Empty wastebaskets and transport trash to disposal area.
- Replenish bathroom supplies.
- Remove snow and debris from campus.
- Assist with room set up and break downs as needed.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform floor care custodial cleaning on substitute basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school or equivalent
Knowledge and Skills
General cleaning knowledge; ability to understand written directions and follow instructions on Material Safety Data Sheets for chemicals used.
Must be able to push/pull vacuum cleaner and mop, able to bend over to lift trash and move furniture. Lifting requirements, generally 50 lbs or less.
Must be licensed driver in NC with safe driving history.
Working Conditions and Environment
Second shift 25 hours within work shift (Monday – Thursday 3 pm – 12 am; Friday 12 pm – 4 pm); indoor environment; standing/walking for majority of assigned shift.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.