- - Student Services
- Sylva, NC, USA
- $24,408.00 - $28,512.00
- Full Time
- State Health Plan
Statement of Primary Purpose
Assist Registrar in the day to day operation of the office.
Service Support, Full-time staff, Non-Exempt
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Process transcript requests and enrollment verifications.
• Manage download and processing of electronic transcripts.
• Process incoming student transcripts (high school and college) to include evaluating for transfer credits and waivers.
• Scan documents into OnBase and index them to student records.
• Coordinate and process Registrar's Office forms (paper and e-forms) such as withdrawals, course substitutions, grade changes, FERPA forms, and commencement applications.
• Coordinate planning for commencement ceremonies:
Review and confirm course requirements and program completion on each candidate for final review and degree conferral.
Order diplomas and issue digital credentials in a timely manner.
• Maintain correspondence including emails to all student accounts in regards to pertinent information about upcoming semester events pertaining to the Registrar's Office.
• Control various processes within the National Student Clearinghouse (NCS):
Verify and maintain attendance and degree information within the NCS
Perform degree verifications for requesting parties via the NCS
Maintain the electronic transcript process through NCS (fulfill requests and retrieve incoming transcripts).
• Submit website updates to the Webmaster as needed for Registrar's Office information pages and forms.
• Prepare and submit select reports (monthly) to the NC System Office.
• Manage and organize the office inventory and purchasing processes:
Maintain supply and distribution of all Registrar Office forms, including OnBase and online forms.
Monitor the Registrar's Office supplies such as diploma covers, honors cords, printer cartridges, transcript paper, etc.
Submit requisitions to replenish supplies in a timely manner and prepare blanket requisitions annually
• Process and record academic action on student records.
• Operate and utilize office equipment, microfilmed records and various computer software programs.
• Assist the Registrar with other processes as needed.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Cross-train with other departments in Student Services in order to provide assistance during peak periods.
• Assist with special events as requested.
• Interact with students, the public, the community, and co-workers in a cooperative, courteous, and professional manner.
• Serve on committees and teams as assigned, and assist with reaccreditation process
• Comply with the college's policies and procedures as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Participate in preparation of annual unit planning goals.
Associate degree required; Bachelors preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work well with the public in high pressure situations;
• Ability to multitask and to perform detailed tasks accurately with constant interruptions;
• Strong computer skills with a focus on office applications. Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets required;
• General knowledge of office practices and excellent attention to detail required;
• Two years' work experience in a college environment preferred. One year office experience required.
Occasional lifting of office supplies and paper products
Working Conditions and Environment
Travel may be required to do software training; evening work required during registration periods
PC, copier, document scanner, microfilm reader, fax machine, multi-line telephone
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.