Administrative Assistant - PT - PSTC
- - Public Safety Training Center
- Franklin, NC, USA
- $10.00 - $12.20
- Part Time
Statement of Primary Purpose
To serve as the part-time Administrative Assistant for the Division Public Safety Training
Office Support, part time, non-exempt
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Maintain an open, friendly, helpful office environment while performing high quality work
• Maintaining all Records processed at the Public Safety Training Center
• Serve as receptionist for PSTC
• Provide information to general public, staff, and students
• Work with computer programs and software
• Open and Close PSTC as needed or assigned
• Perform data entry within the College Database for classes and student enrollment
• Create instructor contracts, registration forms, receipt forms, rosters, visit forms and evaluations
• Assist staff, instructors and students with records, paperwork, equipment and other projects when needed
• Register classes as needed
• Maintain student certification records, contract books, pre-registration records, and all other office records
• Provide tests and lab exercises for classes that require them, (grade test as needed) and make certificates for completed classes
• Availability to assist when and where assigned
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Perform other duties as assigned
REQURED: High School Diploma/GED, 2 years' experience in clerical related fields
PREFERRED: Associate Degree preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of computer systems, office related software, all office equipment; have good communication and people skills
Moving file boxes, sitting and standing for extended periods of time
Working Conditions and Environment
Office environment, classrooms, labs; attend meetings and conferences as needed.
Computer systems, software, all office related equipment (copier, fax, telephone systems, calculator, etc.); and classroom audiovisual equipment.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.